Same Same But Different
Now and Then
Audio from the session: Now and Then.
A mash-up of readings of new voices and established writers noted for their evocation of our challenging past. The session is chaired by Brendan Were.
Note this item contains references to mental health. If you need support you can find a variety of support services on the links page
- 0:00:09 - Brendan Were announces the winners of the Alternative Bindings short fiction writing contest
- 0:03:30 - Jade du Preez reads the prize winning short story: Lily of the Valley
- 0:11:30 - Ruby Porter: Imogen and State Highway 1B
- 0:15:50 - Aorewa Mcleod: Casting Off
- 0:24:42 - Semira Davis: Sestina and Sex Poems With No Bra On
- 0:28:50 - Paula Boock: Dare Truth or Promise
- 0:36:05 - Matt Wort
- 0:41:15 - Heather McPherson: Stuck at the Lights, Four Artists with Cups and My Lover Moves
- 0:48:00 - Michelle Durey: Genderless and Tea Cups
- 0:53:35 - Julie Helean: We the Ones
- 1:01:22 - Madeline Reid: Dear November
- 1:05:50 - Ron Brownson pays tribute to David Lyndon Brown
A special thank you to the organisers and participants for allowing us to record this event.
|Record date:||13th February 2016|
|Location:||Auckland University of Technology|