Article Title:Lateshift evacuated due to fire
Category:New Zealand Daily News
Author or Credit:GayNZ.com News Staff
Published on:18th May 2004 - 12:00 pm
Published by:GayNZ.com
Story ID:2333
Text:Auckland gay men's venue Lateshift was briefly evacuated on Friday night due to an electrical fire which filled the venue with acrid smoke. The fire was in the building's central services electricals, but smoke seeped into Lateshift and the venue's power supply was interrupted. Venue owner Jay Bennie praised the way his staff dealt with the incident and the helpful attitude of customers. “Customers were not at risk at any time and within an hour or so were able to start moving back into the building,” he said.    
Disclaimer:This page displays a version of the GayNZ.com article with all formatting and images removed. It was harvested automatically and some text content may not have been fully captured correctly: access this content at your own risk. A copy of the full article is available (off-line) at the Lesbian and Gay Archives of New Zealand. This online version is provided for personal research and review and does not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of PrideNZ.com. If you have queries or concerns about this article please email us
Reproduction note:Just before GayNZ.com closed in May 2017, the website owners wrote this article about reproducing content from the website: "our work has always been available for glbti people to use and all we ask is that you not plagiarise it... if you use it anywhere please attribute it to GayNZ.com and where there is an authors name attached please acknowledge that writer."